Rheumatoid Arthritis is a chronic, inflammatory disorder. Its treatment includes several drugs like NSAIDs and DMARDs, but these drugs and steroids have several fatal side effects. So patients may find some home remedies that are helpful to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis. These home remedies generally help a patient to get relief from pain, swelling, and wear and tear of several joints and tissues. These remedies are natural treatment that has no side effects, so a patient of RA may opt to have it.
Common Home Remedies
- These home remedies may not cure RA but may provide certain relief from pain to the patient.
- Doing massage with olive oil can be very helpful to reduce pain.
- To get immediate relief, garlic, sage oil, lavender, and rosemary can be mixed with olive oil, should be applied on the affected area.
- Proper nutrition diet that contains fiber should be given to the patient in order to clean the bowel and get rid of constipation.
- Potato mixed with garlic should be consumed in the morning, especially in empty stomach.
- Patients should be prescribed with diets which are rich in vitamin C, Calcium, vitamin D, and Zinc.
- Patient should go through regular physical exercise, in order to mobilize and get strength in the joints and tissues.
- Taking a steam bath is a very good home remedy as it helps in circulation of blood smoothly. Heating effect may also be done with some hot pads.
- Lemon mixed with honey in warm water is also advised to the patient of RA.
- Raw cloves, ginger, and garlic are also helpful in curing some sort of pain.
- Mixture of ginger, sillies, and sesame oil, can be applied on the affected joints to get relief.
- Patients are always advised not to consume, spicy, fried, hot food etc as they increase the risk of pain and inflammation.
- Stress, fear, grief, and anxiety should not grasp a patient as these factors increases the risk of deterioration in the condition.
- Vegetables and carrot juices are very helpful home remedies for RA.
- Some antibiotics, steroids, and nicotine should always be avoided.
- Consumption of alcohol and smoking is strictly prohibited.
- Smearing the affected joints with vinegar before going to bed is another home remedy that provides relief from pain.
- Omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oil like salmon, tuna etc are the best home remedies that can be consumed by a patient.
- Boswellia, an Indian herb is very good herb to treat RA symptoms.
- Bromelian are protein enzymes found in pineapple and papaya. This works as anti-inflammatory and bears no side effect.
- White willow bark, which contains salicin, can be used for this disease, as it is a very old and natural way to treat different pain and inflammation. Now a day this is used in aspirin.
- Most important home remedy is physical exercise which includes, playing, walking, jogging, aerobics, swimming, and bicycling.
- Some body and mind therapies are also very helpful to get rid of severe stress.
These home remedies have no such side effects but may be practiced in a supervision of naturopath. These remedies can only ease the pain and inflammation but cannot cure it.