Rheumatoid Arthritis is an inflammatory disease. Its treatment includes several drugs like NSAID and DMARD. Its ultimate aim is to reduce inflammation and pain in several joints, slows the damage, and reduces the disability of a patient. Other than these conventional medicines, there are several natural arthritis pain relief formulas. Before one starts the treatment, its diagnosis which includes several blood tests is very important. Once diagnosed early, it is helpful to reduce joint damage and limit the impact of rheumatoid arthritis.
SOME NATURAL ARTHRITIS PAIN RELIEF TREATMENTS:
- Boswell is a type of herb generally found in India and its subcontinent, whose consumption may block the chemical reaction, which causes inflammation along with reducing pain. But there is no evidence that it slows the progress of RA.
- Heat and cold treatment- By applying cold ice pack to the affected area may reduce the inflammation and pain, where as heat acts here to relax your muscles and helps the blood to flow smoothly. Heating may be done with a heating pad or a damp towel. One can also have a heating effect by taking a steam bath.
- Devil’s claw, a plant generally found in Southern part of Africa, is used by the people there for RA, fever, and skin problem. Now a day Devil’s claw is used as Vioxx, which is very effective to reduce certain pain.
- Magnets are said to have helpful in rheumatoid arthritis, especially for pain. One may have magnets in the form of jewelries.
- There are some mind and body therapies, which may be beneficial in conventional treatment, by providing a stress and pain free life, to the patients suffering from RA.
- One such treatment goes with a type of fat popularly known as Omega-3 fatty acids. This fatty acids are not produced by our body, we have to consume them through some outsource, by having it in our diet. There is some strong evidence that these fatty acids do help in slowing RA. It works by minimizing the production of chemicals that causes inflammation and pain. Source of Omega-3 fatty acids are found in some cold water fishes like herrings, sardines, salmon, tuna, and anchovies. But this fishes may contain some percent of mercury and some other chemicals. So it is advisable to consume fish oil capsules, which are free from these unwanted chemicals.
SOME HOME MADE NATURAL ARTHRITIS PAIN RELIEF TREATMENTS:
- It is advisable to have some turmeric powder mixed with warm water , and have it twice a day before meal
- Lemon juice with honey mixed in a cup or glass of luke warm water, twice a day before meal.
- Patients suffering from RA may also apply cinnamon and camphor oils in the affected area. This treatment is specially prescribed in ayurveda to get relief from pain and inflammation.
There are several medicines available to treat Rheumatoid arthritis. But these conventional treatments include some drugs like NSAID, DMARD, and some steroids like Corticosteroids.
SELFCARE IS IMPORTANT
There may be more natural arthritis pain relief treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis but one has to choose the best out of those. Your doctor will help you out to go for the best treatment. As natural treatments are free from any side effects, we opt to grab it first. But a healthy diet and some daily exercise may always be helpful for those patients suffering from RA.