Rheumatoid Arthritis is an autoimmune, chronic, and inflammatory disease. Cure is not available for this disease. There are some conventional remedies like NSAIDs and DMARDs, for this treatment, but has several side effects. So these natural remedies are very popular among the patients of Rheumatoid Arthritis. These remedies should not take the place of conventional drugs and steroids. They should be taken together to treat the side effects of this disease. These natural remedies only provides relief to the patient from several pain and inflammation, and to cope up the effects caused due to it like cardio vascular disease (CVD), lung problem, kidney problem, etc, by providing a good food supplement and a healthy life style.
Natural remedy includes Vitamins, Diet Plan, Herbs, Supplements, and some sort of life style. Life style is a procedure of doing wellness to your body by having regular exercise, aerobics, reducing some sort of stress from your mind, etc. Some natural remedies include:
- Omega 3 fatty acids- Omega 3 fatty acids popularly known as w-3 fatty acids or n-3 fatty acids. These are types of fats that are mostly found in some marine and plant oils. These are helpful for normal metabolism. Humans have to outsource these fats as their body does not produce it. Some sources of these fatty acids are fish oils like from salmon, tuna, etc and plant oils such as echium and flaxseed oil. In order to avoid fishy aftertaste, it is advised to consume before meals.
- Gamma-linolenic acids- Or GLA is also a type of fatty acids found primarily in some vegetable oils. It is a solid type of dietary supplement for treating problems like inflammation and some auto immune disease like Rheumatoid Arthritis. The sources of these fats are borage oil, primrose oil, and black currant seed oil.
- Harpagophytum Procumbens- It is also known as grapple plant, wood spider, and is most commonly known as devil’s claw. It is a sesame family plant, popularly found in southern parts of Africa and also in Asia. The roots of this plant are medically used to reduce pain, fever, and to increase digestion.
- Boswellia- It is a genus of trees used in many Pharmacological to treat anti inflammatory. These boswellic acids are found to block the chemical reactions which are involved in inflammation. It also helps to reduce gut irritation.
- Selenium- It is a trace mineral though required in small amounts. These are free radicals, which are natural by-products of oxygen metabolism and it restricts the development of some chronic disease like heart and cancer.
- Therapies- Some mind and body therapies are very important for the patients having Rheumatoid Arthritis. These therapies help to reduce some stress and can improve sleep and pain perception.
- Heat and Cold Therapy- This is a very ancient procedure to relief pain and inflammation. Cold effect on the joints reduces its swelling and heat effect help to circulate the blood smoothly.
These are few remedies but not all, which are known for having effective in Rheumatoid Arthritis. These remedies should be applied under the supervision of a naturopath.