Utility of food, to remain healthy and strong one must eat balanced. Since food stuff contain nutrients, where as each food stuff is specialized of specific kind of nutrients. Patients suffering Rheumatoid Arthritis must lead a healthy life as because complete cure is not possible under today’s medicinal remedies, but it can help not to worsening the disease any further. Avoiding food which adds up to the factor for further aggravating the disease along with inflammation can be possible, if patients curve their food habits. Food habits not only restrict the discomfortness, but allow normal person to remain devoid from diseases.
Avoiding junk or fast food should remain top of the priority list to maintain a healthy life. To maintain some distance from these foods helps one’s digestive system to work properly. Consumption of such food which our body doesn’t accept properly might make our digestive system to work sluggishly. Exposing our own body to identify such items as allergens, might cause inflammation which can make our body react badly.
Food which causes to trigger the RA symptoms might be termed as inflammatory food. Avoiding such food helps to achieve healthy physical state. These are some food list which a RA patient should avoid:
- PROCESSED FOOD: With high level of processing the foods, it lack in nutrients content. Processed meat should be avoided because of toxic additive found in most times, such as sodium nitrate. When mixed up with saliva and digestive juices, it can secrete compound like nitrosamines. Nitrosamines can cause cancer, brain tumor, and elevate inflammation process in RA.
- RED MEAT: Prostaglandin-2 or PG-2 hormone is a pro-inflammatory hormone, its sources from AA (Arachidonic acid). Consumption of red meat escalates the PG-2 hormone level, which is commonly found in anmal fats or omega-6 fatty acid.
- ALCOHOL: Besides ethanol there are almost 300 to 400 other substances present in alcoholic beverages. Interaction with RA medications can cause harmful secretion if collide with alcohol.
- MSG: Exitotoxicty is the term related to damage of nerve cells because of over excitement. Exitotoxin is directly related with MSG consumption. Fast food is served mixed with MSG.
- CAFFEINE: Caffeine can cause insomnia, restlessness, irritation, heart palpitations all these symptoms is not good for a RA patient. All these harmful side effects from caffeine is known as caffeinism. This causes due to over consumption of coffee as a drink or by any means.
- DAIRY: Dairy product is thought to be a calcium rich food, but over all studies shows that, many product is much richer in calcium content than milk, hence it’s a complete illusionary thinking.
There are also many avoidable edibles like refined sugar, common salt, and night shade vegetables like: 1. Potatoes 2. Tomatoes 3. Eggplants. 4. Peppers (sweet & hot) etc.
Living lifestyle which can be healthy is directly relates with food habits. Often people consume such ill-healthy food item unknowingly. Detailed evaluation along with gathering in-depth knowledge can bring surprising effect on a person.