It is readily advisable to the patients suffering from RA to follow a healthy diet plan. In RA, the synovium joints are attacked resulting in pain and inflammation in joints. As the time lapses, it damages the ligaments, bones, and cartilages. The treatment may include some medication, therapies, and of course a healthy diet plan.
Diet Plan- for RA patients it is very advisable to have a good healthy diet that may contain a large anti inflammatory ingredients. Patient must consume Omega -3 fatty acids, which may be found in some fishes and vegetables. These anti-oxidants are reported to have helpful in fighting the affects of Ra like joint pain, damage of cells and tissues.
Some Healthy Food Item Needed For RA
- Some diet plan in your food includes , soya beans, salmon oil whole grain cereals , extra virgin olive oil , cheese , broccoli , beans , amaranth, salmon , tofu, yogurt, kale , green vegetables , brown rice , vegetables that are rich in calcium juices of fresh fruits , coconut oil , margarine and canola oil , meat of chicken, and eggs etc
- Some herbs that are helpful to the patients suffering from RA includes cloves , ginger turmeric, rosemary basil, dill etc
- Some items that contain calcium like broccoli beans, cheese, milk, kale, tofu, yogurt, salmon, tuna, soya beans, etc helps to prevent the concept of arthritis.
- Omega-3 fatty acids found in some fishes like salmon, tuna, trout, herrings, sardines, and flaxseed are good fatty acids which are very helpful to reduce inflammation and pain in RA patients.
- Diet should contain some food items rich in Vitamin C, like cabbage, potatoes, strawberries, oranges, peeper, etc which helps in keeping the joints, ligaments, tissues and tendons strong.
- There are some poly phenols like berries, celery, chocolate, green tea, legumes, parsley, plums, peas, cherries, broccoli, apples, grapes, extra virgin oil, eggplant, etc, which have very strong anti oxidant property.
Foods to be avoided by RA patient
RA patients are not advised to consume all sorts of food item in their diet. There are some food items that may increase the pain and inflammation to some certain extent that becomes unbearable for the patient suffering from RA. Some food items that may be avoided are beef, pork, milk and some of its product, beverages that contains sugar, saturated fats, coffee and some alcoholic beverages.
Following some healthy life style and specially the food items, that should be consumed and avoided, may help a patient to some extent to tackle their pain and inflammation. If we generally consume the food items that contains low fat, the items which are rich in Vitamin C, and minerals, we are having a healthy habit for the improvement of joints, tissues, and muscles. Patients beside this healthy food are also advised to do regular exercise, therapies and some meditations that releases stress from their mind.