Rheumatoid Arthritis is incurable in nature. For its treatment, the drugs used to control the symptoms like, pain, swelling, and bone damage may have several side effects. The side effects may range from anemia to cancer, which threats the mortality rate of a patient. So we need some alternative cures and there is some natural treatment available for Rheumatoid Arthritis. Natural treatment is the best treatment as it reduces the frequency of the drugs and has no vital side effects.
Natural Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis
There are several cures that are found naturally. These include:
- Omega-3 fatty acids– It is a type of fat that our body is unable to produce. We can have it through some out source. It is proved that Omega-3 fatty acids are very helpful to the patients suffering from RA. It decreases the production of some chemicals that causes pain and inflammation. Sources of these fats may be found in some cold water fishes like, sardines, salmon, herrings, tuna, and anchovies. These fishes have some content of mercury and other harmful chemicals. So it is advisable to have fish oil capsules.
- Gama-linolenic acid– It is another type of fatty acids found naturally in borage oil and black currant seed oil to reduce the symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Devil’s Claw– A plant found in Africa’s Southern part. Africans use this plant as a natural cure for RA, fever, and some skin problems. It is also used as Vioxx, to reduce pain due to arthritis.
- Boswellia– A type of herb, found naturally in Indian subcontinent, are used to block some chemical reaction that causes inflammation.
- Ginger and Turmeric– These spices have some anti-inflammatory properties and are frequently used as natural cure for RA.
- Comfrey– The root of this plant is used for many years by the people to treat swollen joints. But it is not advised during pregnancy.
- Bromelain– These are protein enzymes found in pineapple and papaya. These are anti-inflammatory in nature.
- White willow bark– It contains salicin, which are used now in aspirin.
- Heat and cold treatment– It is a very old and common treatment done throughout the ages. Cold here acts as anti-inflammation where as heat acts to relax the muscles. It also helps in good circulation of blood.
- Magnets– magnets are said to have helpful in pain relieving. So bracelets and necklaces made up of magnets can be used for the same.
- Physical exercise– Some physical exercises like, walking, jogging. Swimming, bicycling, and aerobics are some natural way to improve the effects of RA. It helps the muscles to become flexible, gain strength, and also to mobilize the joints.
- Therapies– Some body and mind therapies are best treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis, as these therapies reduce the stress from the patient’s mind, by helping them to recover soon.
- Deep Abdominal Breathing– By doing a deep and slow breathing from the abdomen can help to reduce emotional stress.
These are some natural cures that help a Rheumatoid Arthritis patient to decrease their pain, inflammation, and reduce further complication. But these cures should be granted under a good supervision. These are universally accepted as they have no severe side effects.