Rheumatoid Arthritis is an inflammatory disorder of joints. It is incurable but has several drugs and steroids for its remedy or treatment. There are also many rheumatoid herbal remedy for Rheumatoid Arthritis, but it is not necessary that all of them will work for you. While treating with drugs, a patient may find several fatal side effects. So in order to avoid these effects, they may opt for this herbal remedies. All these natural remedies work well with drugs, and allow you to consume together.
Rheumatoid herbal remedy for Rheumatoid Arthritis includes vitamins, herbs, diet, supplement, and lifestyle. As it is an auto immune disease, its immune system has to be done well. For this some diet can perform a vital role and here, lifestyle stands for treating your body well, by doing exercise, aerobics, reducing stress, etc.
Some rheumatoid herbal remedies include:
- Ginger and Turmeric– These spices are known for its anti-inflammatory properties, which are used for treating pain and inflammation for the RA patients.
- Comfrey– It is a herb used for many years for the treatment of painful and swollen joints. The paste of this herb is applied directly on the affected area. But it is advised not to use during pregnancy.
- Glucosamine and Chondroitin– Glucosamine is an amino sugar and Chondroitin is a sulfated glycosaminoglycon. These herbs have properties to repair certain cartilage and joints. An organic compound of sulphur commonly known as MSM is also beneficial to joints. One may also find these natural herbs packaged together and found in medical centers.
- Valerian– It is a hardy perennial flowering plant, previously used for perfumes, but now it has been found that it has sedative properties, which can be helpful for relieving pain. But patient having liver problem should avoid it.
- Bromelain– It is extracted from the stems of pineapple and papaya. It has a property of anti-inflammatory effect, but it is primarily used as tenderizer. According to some research it contains some chemicals which interferes with some tumor cells and slow blood clotting. These are said to have free from any side effects.
- White Willow Bark– Salix Alba, commonly known as white willow bark. The bark is grey-brown, found in older trees, and is an ancient remedy which contains salicin. Today’s aspirin is originated from this bark.
- Boswellia– It is a flowering plant found in Africa and Asia and is known for having pharmacological uses, especially for anti-inflammation. It has been clinically studied for Osteoarthritis and joint function, mostly for knees.
- Selenium– It is a trace mineral, which are important antioxidant enzymes. The property of this enzyme helps to prevent cellular damage from free radicals. These enzymes also play a vital role to improve immune system.
- Omega 3 fatty acids– These is the best remedy for RA patients and the source of these fatty acids are some oily fish like salmon, tuna, etc. This contains an antioxidant called Astaxananthin, which help to boost the immune system.
These are few but not all rheumatoid herbal remedies for Rheumatoid Arthritis. But it is really advised that patients of RA may follow these remedies under the supervision of a naturopath.